Jute bag and dip-dye are bang on trend. Why not combine both easy and completed these cool tote bags! It’s that easy.
Be stylish in the supermarket
Continue after Advertisement
We may earn a small affiliate commission from purchases made from our editorially chosen links.
The need for Shopping Bags:
- Strong canvas fabric 75 x 45 cm
- Textile dyes (craft store)
- Leather straps, 45 cm long, 2 cm wide
- 8 rivets (haberdashery department / craft store)
- Tape measure
- Fabric scissors
- Sewing machine and matching sewing thread
- Buckets and water for dyeing
- Hole / Riveting Pliers
This is how it works:
- Material with dimensions of 75 x 45 cm cut. Fabric transverse lie ahead, long edge to the top, which is to open later.
- The long edge double strike and lock-stitch seams.
- Fold the fabric in the middle, right to a size of B37 x H45 cm and the bottom corners rounded off with scissors something.
- Bottom and side seam stitch.
- To dye the bag fully into the dive textile color only about 10 minutes, then the lower part a bit longer appear in the other, best darker color (about 15 minutes). Good rinse and let dry.
- Fix the leather straps to the bag; fix it with two rivets at each end.