Jute bag and dip-dye are bang on trend. Why not combine both easy and completed these cool tote bags! It’s that easy.
Be stylish in the supermarket
Continue after Advertisement
The need for Shopping Bags:
- Strong canvas fabric 75 x 45 cm
- Textile dyes (craft store)
- Leather straps, 45 cm long, 2 cm wide
- 8 rivets (haberdashery department / craft store)
- Tape measure
- Fabric scissors
- Sewing machine and matching sewing thread
- Buckets and water for dyeing
- Hole / Riveting Pliers
This is how it works:
- Material with dimensions of 75 x 45 cm cut. Fabric transverse lie ahead, long edge to the top, which is to open later.
- The long edge double strike and lock-stitch seams.
- Fold the fabric in the middle, right to a size of B37 x H45 cm and the bottom corners rounded off with scissors something.
- Bottom and side seam stitch.
- To dye the bag fully into the dive textile color only about 10 minutes, then the lower part a bit longer appear in the other, best darker color (about 15 minutes). Good rinse and let dry.
- Fix the leather straps to the bag; fix it with two rivets at each end.