In the 90s headbands were used as a winter accessory and I also wore as a child often such as earmuffs on the head. But In recent years they have been discovered rather than for as a winter accessories but more in everyday urban life.
Recently I was stitching knit dress and a piece of cloth had left, I’ve sewn a matching headband from the rest and, indeed, already worn. I wore this headband for a walk so my hairs do not up, which is actually quite handy. If you want you also sew a headband, here is a brief guide.
Sewing instructions for Beautiful Headband
Sew material for headbands are;
Knitted fabric, fleece or similar material and Sewing machine.
Material Note: What you take for a substance does not really matter. It should, however, have a slight stretch material so that the headband is nicely blends the head. Knitted fabric is slightly more expensive, but, for example, to get into small pieces and Dawanda. Fleece is quite low and you can find it in many colors.
Step by step instructions for Headband
- First, you cut the strips of fabric handle. For this purpose, you assume about 20cm wide piece, adding to your head circumference about 10cm again added to obtain the total length.
- Now the band is folded right sides together, sew along the long side and finishes.
III. The headband is turned.
- Now you must be sewn headband yet. To receive no visible seam you lay together the two open sides and put the fabric edges inwards together. This seam can you sew together until only a small opening is left open with the sewing machine.
- This opening is sewn to the end with your hand. See the picture below.
See Also :
- 21 Quick Lazy Girl Hairstyles Tutorial
- 21 Eye Makeup Tutorials for Beginner
- 28 Best Ways to Wear a Scarf
Here is another one.
Beautiful Wool Headband
- The headband is knit in large seed stitch. This is actually very simple pattern to an interesting twist.
- Struck 18 stitches. It is important that always has an even number of stitches is struck, otherwise the large seed stitch does not work out – it can according to your taste but also more or less stitches are struck.
- Now alternately a knit stitch and a purl stitch knit – so long until the series is over.
- Then the work is turned over and again exactly the same knitted mesh as in the series before.
- At the end of this series, the knitted garment is reversed again – and now knitted on each knit stitch and purl 1 on each purl 1 stitch right. Repeat in the next row. What is needed to always changing two stitches on each other and two purl one above the other.
- From now on, the pattern is simply getting repeated until a length is reached that fits around the head.
- Tip: Measure better a little tighter because wool with time always gives something.
- Then bind off (as the stitches appear, ie stitches in right and left loops in the left) and then stitched together both ends. Finished!
See Also :
- 20 Cute Short Hairstyles for Black Women
- 20 Perfect Christmas Hampers ideas
- 20 Awesome Hairstyles For Thin Hair
See Also :
- How To Look Pretty without Makeup
- 19 Adorable Toe Nail Designs easy ideas
- 30 Top Trending Short Bob Hairstyles