United Kingdom aka UK is a grand place for education. It doesn’t matter in which country do you live, their education system is something that is admired all around the world. Hence, people travel from all countries of the world to get the education they want from the very best place.
And, in most cases it is not hard to get a UK student visa. But sometimes, you may need to extend your “student visa in UK” and that’s not much hard either. We are going to guide you through the complete procedure of increasing your stay time in United Kingdom as a student.
Continue after Advertisement
We may earn a small affiliate commission from purchases made from our editorially chosen links.
From 2012, all Visas for UK now have a limit. And your study visa actually depends on the length of education programme that you are involved in. Another thing that you need to keep in mind is that you must “extend UK student visa” before current one expires or you can be in serious trouble.
See Also : 10 Top Business Universities in London UK
Of course there are going to be some documents that you will need to get it all done. It is possible to apply for visa using Home Office form which is available online.
You can either go to their office and submit your documents or post them. In case of postal, it can take a very long time to get your stuff processed and it is strongly suggested that you do it all in person because that is the best and fastest way to get things done. Also, you will be able to find and correct any mistakes that you have made in form, but in case of postal, things would be much different.
Current fees to Extend UK Student Visa
Tier 4 postal application (main applicant) – £422
Tier 4 postal application (dependant) – £422
Documents required for UK student visa extension
These are the documents that you are going to need.
- Tier 4 Student Form.
- Valid Passport.
- Police Registration Certificate.
- Identity card for foreign Nationals.
- Two passport size photographs and your name should be written on their back.
- You are also going to need CAS which is possible only if you complete CAS request form and submit it to email@example.com. And, it might take more than 2-3 days to get it done. By the way, CAS is a 14 digit number that is given to you by UCL to confirm that you are a legitimate student and nothing fake.
- Evidence of Funds which means that you have enough money to only afford education but you can also meet other expenses of life such as eating and living. You cannot get your visa extended without it.
See Also : Best Design Schools In London
Submit all these documents and talk to them. As said earlier, make sure you do this in person so you can get all you confusions cleared and they will also tell you the estimated time that it can take them to finish the job and extend your UK student Visa.
See Also : Top Universities In The London
We hope this article helped you. We wish you best in getting your student visa in UK extended so you can easily and happily continue your studies because after all, we are nothing without education and everything with it.