London is one of the most famous and well known beautiful places in the whole world. This place is named as one of the favorite places in the tourist attractions because of their stunning places and eye catching towering buildings.
London is simply named out to be the place that is all enriched with the landmarks and attractions. At the night time the lightening of this city glitters out each single face that make this city feels like the paradise. In all such places we have the name of British Museum London as well. This place is known as one of London’s top attractions.
Continue after Advertisement
We may earn a small affiliate commission from purchases made from our editorially chosen links.
- British Museum London is named out to be the hallmark of historical and cultural images.
- In this museum you will be finding almost 7 million collections that is all interlinked with the outstanding arts, antiquities, objects, scripts, textbooks and works of well-known artists.
- This museum was set up in the year 1753. It is all found to be filled with the collections of physician and scientist Sir Hans Sloane.
- British Museum London is all surrounded with almost 71,000 objects that consisted of 40,000 books, 7,000 manuscripts, drawings in addition to prints and antiques that have been all taken from Greece, Rome, Egypt, and many different countries.
- In the year 1759 this place was opened for public in Montagu House, Bloomsbury.
- Today this museum is all added separately by means of 150 million objects in the library and 70 million objects in the museum.
- Inside the museum you will be finding the dining in restaurants and cafes.
- The opening time of museum is from 10 AM and 5.30 PM.
- You can easily reach this place through the nearest tube stations such as Holborn, Tottenham Court Road and Russell Square.
- The museum is closed on 24th, 25th and 26th December and 1st January.
See Also : Top Fashion Museums in London
If you ever visit London then don’t to visit British Museum London!
Address: Great Russell St, London WC1B 3DG
See Also : Best Art Galleries London And Museums
British Museum opening times
Monday 10:00 am – 5:30 pm
Tuesday 10:00 am – 5:30 pm
Wednesday 10:00 am – 5:30 pm
Thursday 10:00 am – 5:30 pm
Friday 10:00 am – 8:30 pm
Saturday 10:00 am – 5:30 pm
Sunday 10:00 am – 5:30 pm
See Also : Free Museums London
Architectural style: Greek Revival
visit the amazing and extraordinary tourist attractions in London.